EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT THAT HAS RELEVANCE FOR MY TEACHING
I am mid-way through the Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (two of four courses completed: Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education and Principles and Practices of Assessment and Evaluation). This certificate links to Level C good practice in relation to Criterion 6: Evaluation of practice and continuing professional development.
Curt | Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education, The University of Notre Dame Australia
2014 | PhD (creative), Writing and Society Research Centre, Western Sydney University
2000| MA (Research) in Creative Writing, University of Queensland
1993 | BA (Communication), University of Technology Sydney (majoring in writing and philosophy / sub-major in film and video)
My commitment to ongoing Professional Development demonstrates Level B good practice against Australian University Teaching & Criteria & Standards Criterion 6: Evaluation of practice and continuing professional development and Criterion 7: Professional and personal effectiveness.
• Student Appeals & Grievances (University of Notre Dame Australia)
• Engaging students with interactive lessons: Nearpod / Echo 360 ALP (Western Sydney University Sydney City Campus)
• Blackboard Grade Centre (Western Sydney University Sydney City Campus)
• Sessional Teacher Orientation (University of Sydney)
• Key Strategies for Effective Tutorials (University of Sydney)
• Enhancing Experiences of Groupwork (University of Technology Sydney)
• Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Tutorials (University of Technology Sydney)
• Assessment, Marking and Feedback (University of Technology Sydney)
• Personal Publishing Strategies (Western Sydney University)
Communications Industry Professional Development
• Writing for the Web (UTS Australian Centre for Independent Journalism).
• Journalism Boot Camp (Mediabistro New York City, New York).
• Report writing (University of Queensland).