Teaching Assistants in ‘Language and Discourse’, University of Technology Sydney
(Peer feedback on my role as Acting Coordinator)
- You’ve done an amazing job this semester, and it’s been a real pleasure to work with you.
- You’ve been an excellent course co-ordinator, thorough and enthusiastic, and it has been a pleasure working with you this semester. I hope to work with you again soon.
First-year ‘Creative Writing’ and second and third-year students in ‘Creative Writing: Theory and Practice’,
University of Sydney
- Brilliant tutor - Meera Atkinson - she is an absolute artist. Clearly very experienced, clearly a master of all sorts of the literary arts. Meera gave excellent feedback and was very honest in her feedback.
- Thank you for a great semester. I learnt a lot from this class and it has honestly inspired me to write more and experiment.
- Meera Atkinson is a great tutor, she knows what she’s talking about and is very good at asking leading questions and (re)directing.
- Meera Atkinson was an amazing tutor, really careful and caring of our work, very responsive to us and supportive overall. Her content knowledge and anecdotes were excellent, and feedback from her made sense and was useful to our development as writers. Very happy with her as a tutor.
- Thank you so much for this semester. I absolutely loved the unit and I feel it really helped my writing. What is the easiest way to follow your future writing?
- I just wanted to email to say how much your feedback and encouragement meant. The course has been a real revelation, and I certainly hope to keep writing. Thank you.
- Thank you for making creative writing not so scary.
First-year students ‘Text and Context’, University of Technology Sydney
- Thank you very much Meera for such an interesting semester! You have been an incredibly wonderful tutor.
- Thank you very much for everything, your patience with me and everything. I really really appreciate it. I improved a little bit better this semester than previous ones. It was pleasure being in your class.
- I just got my essay back in the post today and wanted to say thank you so much for your encouragement. It‘s really lovely to get such great feedback. Thank you for being such a great mentor and tutor.
Evaluations from participants in 2011 Western Sydney Young Writers’ Day poetry workshops
- She was fantastic however I’m not much of a poet.
- Very interesting and passionate. Made some amazing things.
- Great, knew what she was talking about and included the class, fun. Her asking questions and getting us to answer was good too, involving and got us thinking.
- This was great and it gave me a great insight into poetry, which is something I haven’t had much experience in.